Saturday 21 January 2012

All that fall



This is one of my favourite (and best probably) photographs that I've ever taken. It was caught back in 2006 when I lived in Edinburgh. I was travelling home from an especially hard days work on the number 47. Usually I'm very nervous about directly pointing a camera at someone and taking their photograph, theres something of an intrusive nature about it, even though we do it with our eyes, its possibly the fact that a camera retains the fleeting image, possesses it and the subject does not know what you might do with that image of themselves.
It sounds like I'm going into the ethical implications of the discourse which is not my intention here, plus I'm still on the fence within the argument.
So as a result I try to be pretty covert when capturing moments like this one. He looked so elegant, so lost in his thoughts. I still feel a bit overwhelmed when I look at the picture too long. Maybe its my fear of getting older and being forgotten and lonely. I have no reason to think that that man was lonely or forgotten or old, but then we always project our fears don't we? Perhaps he was mulling over some quantum mechanic theory, but I'll guess I'll never know.
 I loved how I managed to capture the red shop front of The Elephant House coffee shop through the window which complemented the interior of the bus.
Yeah, its a nice moment

No comments:

Post a Comment